Creating shareholder value
- We will continue to optimise operations by growing the business of our existing hospitals and extracting efficiencies in key business processes.
- We will continue to invest in incremental growth opportunities based on sound investment principles and to demonstrate efficiency and diligence in the planning and execution of such opportunities.
Developing an international hospital group
- We will continue to develop core competencies across the various platforms to ensure that international healthcare best practice is followed.
- We will continue to develop in-house capabilities that drive cost savings and synergies across existing and future platforms.
- We will continuously investigate further growth opportunities.
Managing risk and regulatory change proactively
- We will continue to meticulously manage our risks supported by our enterprise-wide risk management processes.
- We will continue to focus on proactive health policy research and active engagement to influence regulatory and legislative bodies when needed.
Integrated healthcare provider
- We will continue to strive towards a better coordinated healthcare system with the aim to ensure consistently better clinical outcomes and the better utilisation of resources.
- We will continue to focus on improving our partnership relationship with our doctor community with a vision to ensure an aligned delivery process in the best interest of our patients.
Building a culture that provides growth and development opportunities for staff and encourages team work
- We will continue to maintain a corporate culture that provides a good working environment, training opportunities and skills development that assist to attract and retain a talented workforce.
- We will continue to aim to be the employer of choice, recognising that market competition
for talent is increasing.
Continuously improving quality care
- We will continue to strive to be trusted and respected by patients, doctors, nurses and funders.
- We will continue to focus on firmly embedding our clinical quality processes that ensure patient safety.
- We will continue to improve our clinical outcome statistics and to incrementally reduce adverse events.
- We will continue to meet the independent accreditation standards of our hospitals.
- We will continue with initiatives to improve our independently monitored patient satisfaction levels.
Leading as a responsible corporate citizen
- We will continue to manage our business in a sustainable manner, upholding the highest ethical and professional standards, with continuous engagement with our stakeholders.
- We maintain focused on managing our social and environmental impacts, in particular with regard to the quality and safety of our patients; addressing the nursing and general skills shortage; BBBEE of our South African operations; our corporate social investment and community involvement; and the effective management of our environmental impact.